RESHAPING THE INTERNET THROUGH COLLECTIVE AND NETWORKED INTELLIGENCE
The Next Generation Internet (NGI) initiative aims to foster a vibrant open Human-centric Internet movement that links research, policy and society for the creation of a better Internet – an Internet that respects fundamental values of privacy, participation and diversity.
The NGI Forum is the flagship annual event that gathers together prominent researchers, innovators and policy makers at work on several fronts to restructure the Internet to be fit for the future we want, while we continue using it to help run our societies and economies. This year it will take place on the 25 September in Helsinki (Finland) in co-location with the My Data 2019 Conference.
The event will include a mix of policy and specialist talks, open discussions and interactive working groups. The emphasis is on stimulating discussion and the free exchange of ideas between policy makers, researchers, SMEs and Startups, industry players, and civil society. Some of the main topics covered at NGI Forum 2019 include:
- Data governance and portability
- Privacy and trust enhancing technologies
- Discovery technologies and online identification
- Collective intelligence – from citizens science to open innovation
- Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies
Why to attend?
To build a better Internet and be on top of the relevant technology and market developments, we need the best internet researchers and innovators to be on board!
The NGI Forum provides the opportunity to learn about main research and technology trends from top experts, to understand challenges and contribute shaping the vision through discussions with high-level policy makers, to get information about European funding opportunities, and to network with a growing community of enthusiastic researchers and practitioners.
Join and help us:
• Promoting the NGI vision and objectives for a better Internet for all
• Gathering new players and grow the NGI ecosystem as community of communities
• Establishing dialogues, gathering input and building consensus on main priorities
• Sharing information on how to get involved in the NGI to grow its impact and relevance for the good of our society.
Sign up to our newsletter to be updated on the latest agenda of NGI Forum 2019
The #NGIForum19 is organised by the NGI Outreach Office in collaboration with My Data, with contributions from the NGI Forward, NGI EXPLORERS, Think NEXUS, and TETRA projects.
Extend your stay in Helsinki and join some 1000 representatives of business, tech, legal and social sectors to create actionable solutions for fair data sharing. Get your ticket on mydata2019.org/tickets